Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hospital Visit #15, West Texas Weekend and Hanging On to God


Had a great hike with Barrett- Stephen's son in Alpine.
The past week has been an adventure. I honestly do not know how people live life without the Lord. I am thankful for the help of Hospice  but it has been a lot of work to get things all worked out. 
Beauty in the desert of life
This past weekend, I joined Stephen in Alpine Texas as he has a hunting business in the area. I loved riding around with him and enjoying the scenery.  I couldn't help reflect on how great God's love is for us.

Beauty in thrones

Me and my cowboy- fun West Texas Weekend

 As I returned to Kerrville Sunday, I received a call from my father. He said he was not feeling well and needed to go to the emergency room. Once again, I headed for Peterson Regional Medical Center. This is visit #15 since Joe has been gone.  I remind myself that this is a season. It is a long one, like a marathon...It may not seem like much to you, but each time it is a withdrawal from my bank. The hours are long and I feel like I have two handicapped children. It is a juggling act with mom being on Hospice. She is struggling. And then you take dad out of the mix and needing care and you have a whole new set of problems. I don't now how people live without God. I couldn't do it. I need Him more each day. I know this is only a season and I am determined to finish it strong. I depend on God to help me more each day. When I am weak, He is strong. Yea God!
i am sliding on New Years Day for charity! Who wants to sponsor me? All proceeds will go to BCFS Kerrville Transition Center! All gifts are tax deductible and are for at risk youth! Want to sponsor me?

No comments:

Post a Comment