Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Monday, April 1, 2013

Highs and Lows

Easter 2013 We enjoyed some time away together and had a great time.
It seems like Stephen and I have been married about five years when you think of all we have been through in the short five months we've been married. Holidays, my mom's death, dad's cancer and death, a fire in our home, sorting through all of mom and dad's belongings. Needless to say, we haven't been bored. The best news of all is we are going to be grandparents in August. Austin and Laura are having a girl and Mallory and Rob are having a boy two weeks later. August will be a lot of fun and we have enjoyed seeing sonograms and discussing what our names will be.

We have certainly had lots of high moments of celebrating and yet grief seems to find me again. Highs and lows seem to dominate this season of life for me and yet I have seen and experienced God's faithfulness  over and over. Wading through all the boxes, drawers, dad's office...yes he saved bank statements from 1979, all take lots of time and energy. My two siblings have come in once a month to help with the process.

I am so thankful for God's timing in our marriage as I cannot imagine walking through two major losses alone. God's ways are perfect and Stephen keeps me laughing constantly with his quick wit and humor as well as his strength and support in this season.





 
Fun with the kids!

We helped Mallory and Rob host their Gender Reveal Party a few weeks ago! What fun we had seeing the sonogram, keeping the secret and then letting everyone know. It's a boy!
The next generation

I bought Baby W his first shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment