Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Baby Truett Payne Williams Arrives

Peace That Brings The Future
Kerrville Daily Times Article
August 2013
Turett Payne Williams
7.9 and 20"
Born August 23,2013



“Mom, the baby is fine but my blood pressure and lab work are not what they should be, so they are checking me into the hospital,” my daughter stated as I listened over the phone. “Pray mom, my platelet counts are low.” she said.

“Alright, honey,” I responded. “I am on my way and I will be praying,” I said.

As I drove to Houston, down the same highway I had often driven when my late husband had cancer, I prayed for my daughter and the precious baby boy she was carrying. I was ecstatic about getting to be a part of his birth. I was ready to witness new life after losing my husband, mother and father in the last few years.

“Lord, what is my role in this baby’s birth?” I asked. I felt like the Lord said my role was to establish peace and guard it.

At 6:00 am the next morning, labor was induced. The nurse came in a few hours later with the first answer to prayer. “Your counts are still borderline, but you should be able to have the birth you want if our body cooperates.”

My son-in-law and I prayed with my daughter for strength as she had not been allowed to eat for almost 24 hours. Remembering what I felt the Lord say to me earlier, I prayed for peace to saturate the room throughout her labor and delivery and that every decision would be made from a place of peace.

Peace is a weapon. Anxiety and fear are always trying to rob each of us from our God given right to walk in peace in every situation. Jesus said in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you...Do not let your heart be troubled.” (NIV) I learned that scripture years ago cognitively but have had numerous opportunities to establish it as a way of life in recent years through trial and tribulations. That seems to be the way things work with God. We learn a principle and then we get the opportunity to practice it and practice it.

At 3:00 pm that afternoon my daughter was still only in early labor even though she was having frequent contractions.  Again, my son-in-law and I prayed for strength and peace. At 10:30 pm, and after 16 hours of laboring, I overheard the nurse and the doctor discussing a c-section as she was only 4 cm dilated. Something rose up in my daughter and she asked the doctor if she could wait until midnight to make the decision. By this time, I was concerned she would not have the energy for delivery.

The next several hours, she slept peacefully. The nurse returned and commented, “I’ve been an OB nurse for 22 years and I’ve never been in such a peaceful room.” I smiled and thanked God. 

“Wow,” she said surprisingly. “You’ve made a lot of progress.” It was almost time for delivery, and she went to get the doctor.” I constantly watched the monitor and watched my daughter sleep with each contraction. Again, I shot up an arrow prayer, concerned that she had not eaten in almost 40 hours and had labored 21 hours.
The doctor arrived and we woke Mallory up as it was time for us to meet the new addition to the family. After 20 minutes, Truett Payne entered the world at 7 pounds and 9 ounces. We rejoiced as he cried, and we knew that mom and baby were just fine.

“Mallory, I can’t believe you did it,” the doctor stated. “Your patience and the fact you didn’t panic and quit helped you get through delivery.”

As I pondered the events of the last few days, I had to reflect on the power of peace and the answers to prayer. Psalms 37:37 says, “...a future awaits those who seek peace.” (NIV) I challenge you to seize the peace Christ has provided for you and look forward to your future.


Kathleen is a native of the Hill Country and is a writer and speaker. She is passionate about helping people discover their value and worth. She can be heard on Sunday mornings from 8:00 am to 9:00 am on The REV FM, 94.3. Contact her at kathleenmaxwell1@gmail.com or visit her blog on www.themaxwellminutes.blogspot.com


Mallory and Rob enjoying their new addition

Mama Max and Pops with Truett

Out to Dinner

Enjoying this boy

58,487

No comments:

Post a Comment