Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Monday, December 7, 2015

BCFS Hill Country Resource Center Grand Opening


On December 4th was a great day! After working 4 long years on this project, the day finally arrived! It has been a 4 year pregnancy and the grand opening was all I had hoped it would be. I was hired by BCFS for this project in February 2012. Having a center in Kerrville that houses multiple nonprofits  that will share training rooms, computer lab, conference room and other common areas will be a great asset to a community I love. Currently, Art 2 Heart, Families & Literacy, New Hope Counseling, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Hill Country Ministries, Goodwill and BCFS all are located in this 20,000 square foot building.
400 community members attended the event and the Tivy Band created a celebration atmosphere. For me, this has been a journey of walking with God to do something that was beyond my own ability and a journey of preserving. God is faithful and I'm thankful for His guidance to finish the project.
Grand Opening of BCFS Center- 
Board room
wonderful food!
Kathleen and Krista
computer lab utilized by all
ribbon cutting by major donors
CEO Kevin Dinnin
My sweet mother-in-law and step-daughter came to celebrate with me!
Getting ready for the big event!
Major donors

sharing the joy of the day with BCFS friends
Sue Tiemann and Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment