Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nothing Like Vacation

Hanging out on the boat!
There is nothing like getting away and having time to relax and regroup! To celebrate Price's graduation from UT, we decided all the family would meet in Virginia at Lake Anna to enjoy some time together. Austin and Laura have rented a lake house right on the water that made for a perfect vacation spot. I don't know if it was being away from the everyday stresses or just not being on my own, but I rested so well. I slept 11 to 12 hours each night. Maybe it was because I was trying to keep up with 5 people in their 20's and 30's. I may be 52 but I am not going down easy!

Price trying to keep up with his big brother
We had ping pong tournaments, (yes Mallory beat her brothers), we watched movies, hung out at the dock,went wakeboarding and bounced on the inter-tube around the lake. We had a great time just riding around in the boat. There was plenty of competition between Austin and Price and Rob was a real trooper as he was just learning. He did quite well. Laura and Mallory were great also but somehow the girls were just not into killing ourselves. I attempted wake boarding again this year and I think I improved a little but it was not without swallowing half of the lake and feeling every muscle in my body! Oh my word...the morning after we went, I thought I would need a crane to get me out of bed! It was good exercise, I kept telling myself, but my kids were quick to point out that they didn't see any other women over 50 attempting it.




Still playing with my kids! Yes, I am the one in the middle trying to hang on!
I am grateful for this special time our family had together to regroup, laugh, and just be together. I am proud of each of my kids and their life partners. They are not perfect kids, but they have made good choices, love God with everything in them and are discovering their God given purpose. It is an honor to be chosen by God to be their mom. I know their dad would have enjoyed this trip and his kids. He should have been there but by God's grace, we have learned to live life without him. I missed having him to talk to as now it seems to be "the kids" and just me. It is always fun to see glimpses of him in each of them. His legacy continues and so does life.

No comments:

Post a Comment