Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Making It Over Another Hurdle

Making It Over Another Hurdle

August 4th would have been my 33 anniversary. This year I will have to say was much easier. I went on a good walk that morning and had time to ponder the history of the day. I will write more about the day in the future and am grateful for the 30 years I had with Joe. This August 4th was different and not near as painful. Yea God!

My summer has been busy with wrapping up 31 years of daily parenting, work, my parents and of course some fun! Price came home for a month to rest and prepare for the workforce. It was nice having him home for a little while before he started his new job in Houston. He likes his new job and has been in a lot of training before he has actually gotten to go on the rig.


My sister, brother-1in-law and nephews came into town for a day recently and we went to Up N Jacks. They wore me out

My dad was in the hospital last week. He called early one morning and said, "Kat, I need you to take me to the emergency room. I have been having chest pains for the last 10 days. Can you come right over?" Let me just say, I am glad he called but seriously, if you were having chest pains would you wait 10 days? The daddy in him still tries to protect me. We have grown close as he too has lost his companion somewhat with my mom not always being able to communicate. In many ways, she is like a 3 year old. Dad and I visit often sharing life and I cherish our conversations. He is a wise man.

 Price came home the next weekend and took me to the shooting range to teach me how to shoot a gun. Can't say I am  a fan but I did alright at target practice. It was quite an experience and too loud for me. My dad, Stephen and his son came with us.

I have been dating a wonderful guy since January. We have a lot of fun together and he makes me laugh. He has been good for me. We've been fishing, dancing, hiking, boating, and on many other adventures.

My latest adventure is that I have been asked to be on the Wild Ride Gospel Hour the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month from 8-9. They have asked me to speak about my articles in the newspaper. I appeared this past Sunday and enjoyed it. 103.7 FM The Buck  It is a contemporary country western music. I love having the opportunity to  share my faith in an out of the box type of way,   Another newspaper will also feature my articles -The Community Journal, a weekly paper in Kerrville.
God continues to pour his favor and goodness over me cleansing me and giving me a new life. I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment