Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Special, Precious and Honored...What More Could You Want?

Community Journal and Kerrville Daily Times
September 2013
Kathleen Maxwell-Rambie 


So many times in our busy lives we get wrapped up in the day to day rhythm of life and can forget how incredibly special we are to the Lord. Remembering that fact and reminding ourselves of the truth can strengthen us, boast our confidence and steady us in the most challenging of circumstances. Isaiah 43 states several time the phrase, “This is what the Lord says.” What God says about us trumps every other card in life that is played against us. 
A Father's love...
Precious granddaughter Collins Maxwell

So what do you do when the circumstances or cards of life are stacked against you? Each of us is responsible for our own spiritual growth and development. So what are you doing to grow? Reading the Bible is a start, but more importantly is really choosing to believe the truth written in the word of God. Isaiah 43:4 states God’s heart for the nation of Israel and for each of us. “Since you are precious and honored in my sight and because I love you...” No matter what you’ve done wrong, no matter how bad you have messed up, God looks at you with affection.
My precious grandson and daughter
I am the proud grandmother of two new grand babies. Just like most grandparents, I adore these new additions to the family. Each of them is precious, honored and loved simply because of who they are — and God’s love for you and me is even greater than that.
All people want to feel special and important and each of us want to be honored and valued. I was listening to a woman recently who confided she did not feel valued in her current position and spoke about the devaluing she was experiencing by her supervisor, which was wearing on her. What was sad to me was this capable and talented woman felt pushed aside by the words and insecurity of someone else. She needed a good dose of “This is what the Lord says...since you are precious and honored in my sight and because I love you...”
We live in a world that is full of people who desperately need to know they are special, important and valued. Why not let God use you today to help fill someone else’s bucket? Speak what is in your heart and God’s heart to those you encounter. God wants each of us to know we are special, honored and loved and I want to be like Him.
 Isaiah 43:5 states, “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.” It is easy when we have been rejected by others to be afraid or hesitant to share what is in our heart but God tells us to step out on the water again and find our security in Him. Today, God wants you to personally know that you are precious, honored and loved and He wants you to give that gift to those you meet. I challenge you to say, “Lord, I choose to believe that I am precious, honored and loved by you,” and then show others they are, too.
Oct. 10 would have been my Mom's Birthday...I miss her.


60,249

No comments:

Post a Comment