Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Overcoming Any Problem Begins With A Thankful Heart

Overcoming Begins With Thankfulness

     I am a firm believer that overcoming any problem begins with a grateful heart. Thankfulness is not something that comes naturally for most people. I think it is more of a discipline. We are selfish by nature, and must bring our thoughts back to the goodness of God. Anything good in our lives comes from Him. Any blessing, any kind word, any compliment, any gift is from Him.
Hiking in Lost Maples
     After losing my late husband, it was easy to look at what I had lost or didn't have. I had a great loss. I  realized that that mindset would not get me anywhere I really wanted to go. I started a process of beginning each day with thanking God for different things. I really had much to be thankful for. The list was endless and the more I thanked Him, the more blessings he poured upon me.
     Our world is pretty negative. Negativity makes the road of life hard, difficult and not much fun.I encountered someone the other day that just being around her could was a withdrawal from my bank. Negativity is all around us. We have the opportunity to impact our world around us with a positive attitude and thankful heart.
     I will have to admit, a positive and funny attitude is the thing that drew me to my new husband. He is one of the most funny and positive people I have been around. Are you fun to be around? Are you a thankful person? Do people feel better or worse after being in your presence?
     Scripture over and over tells us to come before God with thanksgiving. To give thanks to Him for he is good, in everything give thanks. How are you doing with that? Perhaps you need to check yourself and begin practicing thankfulness.
     I am thankful for the experiences I have gained walking thru illness, grief, loss, as they have made me rich. No, they were not things I asked for but the experiences have made me rich in different ways and for that I am thankful. I am thankful that God is a God of restoration and redemption and new life. I am enjoying my new life and the differentness of it.


My boys
     This holiday will be different but different is good. Traditions are good but new experiences are the spice of life. I am thankful for different.

Kathleen Maxwell-Rambie

44,360

No comments:

Post a Comment