Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving, Hospice,Rocky Road, and Wedding Memories

     I don't know much but I do know life if full of ups and downs. Stephen and I have been married one month today and we have had a lot of fun. Our lives have blended together better than I could have expected. We have both enjoyed life together and for the most part have been in Kerrville and a little in Uvalde.
Maxwells and Rambies
     One of his businesses is Events Unlimited, which is a hunting business. With Mule Deer Season beginning the day after Thanksgiving, we spent the holiday on a  40,000 acre ranch in Alpine, Texas. Rob, Mallory, and Price along with Stephen's two kids, Barrett and Whitney joined us. It was a rustic holiday at a hunting camp, but we made lots of fun memories and I believe all had a great time. We hiked, the boys hunted, we sat by the fire and played games. Oh and we ate a whole lot! It was a wonderful holiday and a new beginning. 
Price and Rob
     I returned on Sunday and that night I got a call from my dad. My mom wasn't doing well and we spent the night in the emergency room.Dad was so tired he stayed home. Her illness is wearing him out. She had several infections and today I signed the papers to put her on Hospice. Mentally I knew this was the best thing for everyone and although I have experience with Hospice, emotionally it was difficult. 
Me and my mom a year ago

wedding site



     The road of life is full of ups and downs and the beauty and challenge is enjoying both. I honestly don't know how people live life without the Lord. He is the one that is always with us no matter what. I am reminded of the scripture, that says, "when I am weak, then I am strong."

Enjoying life and drawing on Him,
44,640



No comments:

Post a Comment