Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Monday, October 26, 2009

Pressing on...

The past few days have been interesting as our family has tried to get back to normal.....whatever that is....I am still trying to figure that out. Saturday I said goodbye to Austin and Laura, my son and the best daughter-in-law in the world and Price picked me up in SA. He left Sunday to go back to Austin at 12:45.....God's grace met me as I closed the door and tried to figure out what to do next. I went to HEB to discover how to shop for one, went on a walk with Tammy, and later Nina came over...I love my friends! Today I went to work until about 2:00 and that was good. I came home and began going through the mail, accomplishing opening the envelopes of important papers and beginning to organize...so much to do....one step at a time. At 5:30 I decided to go to the gym and work out for the first time in 5 weeks....next decided I better buy epsom salts so I can get out of bed tomorrow!This morning I read Philippians 3:10-14...it spoke to me...here is my version - "my purpose is to know Him more progressively and understand His person more strongly and clearly and that in the suffering continually be transformed into His likeness. I press on to lay hold of that which Jesus has laid hold of- I belong to Him...forgetting what lies behind and straining toward what lies ahead- I press on." Forget Joe...never...but let go of the life I have known beause Jesus has a plan for me.  Adjusting, crying, breathing and trusting, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment