Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two Prayers He Always Answers

Two Prayers He Always Answers

I honestly don’t know where time goes. I guess grief still wears me out and I am still recuperating from the busy weeks at the end of the semester at CWJC. I also had out of town company and that was a lot of fun. It was good to forget about daily obligations and simply be a tourist guide. Sometimes life can be so intense and we need times to simply laugh and have fun. I did with my friend but was so aware that it doesn’t take much to wear me out these days.

We are now 7 weeks from Mallory’s wedding and it is all systems go. Every weekend has wedding plans between now and then. It is amazing how everything has fallen into place. God has been wonderful to bring it all together.

Price is home for the summer and did a stellar job this semester at UT. I am so proud of him because I know it has been so difficult for him loosing his dad. They were very close. Austin and Laura will be in to Texas in a couple of weeks and I can’t wait to see them. They haven’t been to Texas since Joe died.

As I have encountered many new things and some painful things recently I have relied on two prayers that God has historically ALWAYS answered for me. The first is “God change my heart or the other person’s heart, or both our hearts.” It is a win/win prayer. Only God can really change a heart and when I surrender my heart to Him to be changed and or ask Him to change another’s heart, this prayer always gets answered. The other prayer I frequently pray is “God, reveal truth in this situation.” Another prayer He always answers. Sometimes the answer isn’t so good and other times I wonder if I am really ready for the truth but the word of God says “truth sets us free.” When we know the truth in a situation, there is a freedom. I take great comfort in the fact that God has always answered these prayers for me and that brings security and peace.

The waves of grief still wash over me and more so when I am tired but I have to say my heart is healing and I am moving on.

Resting in His love and grace-
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment