Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nine Months

July 8, 2010

Nine months have gone by since Joe left earth. In some ways it seems like he has been gone forever. As I worked out at the gym today I had to reflect on where I am now compared to where I was nine months ago. Today I was able to lift twice as much weight with my arms and three times the amount with my legs. I don't know how it happened but I feel I have gotten stronger physically spiritually and emotionally in the last nine months…amazing how that happens when you feel your weakest. I know that is where God comes in and His strength is made perfect when we are the weakest and depend on Him. I had a friend that I had lunch with this week that I hadn’t seen since Joe died and she commented that I wasn’t the same person and had changed in a positive way. That was encouraging. I guess that is where brokenness becomes your friend. I have discovered that embracing pain and letting go are good and I really realize I am nothing without Him and He is all I need. Wow…a hard nine months but they have changed me.

Here we are two days from the wedding. It has been busy busy around here. So many last minute details but it is all coming together. We have had our share of wedding drama----went to pick up the dress yesterday and they said they couldn’t find it…..the lady doing the hair and make up emailed today and said she wasn’t sure she could make it and do all the bridesmaids…..the cake lady didn’t want to deliver the cake and the ring was ready this afternoon…but Mallory and I have been determined to walk in peace and we have. She is doing quite well. My baby girl is all grown up. Another letting go…another life changing event in two days.

I want to thank all of you that have held us up in prayer. I know there would be no way we would have made it without your love, support and prayers. Thank you thank you!

Held by His grace,

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment