Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Family Pic last week
     The past several weeks have been filled with kids, dogs, fun, work and family. Laura, my sweet daughter-in-law lost her father. It was sudden and Bob Parsons will certainly be missed. It is hard to believe that both Austin and Laura have lost their dad's at such an early age. I have no doubt that God will use them in the days ahead to help others who have lost loved ones as they both have compassionate hearts.
     I loved having all  5 of my kids in for a few days. It was an incredible gift to me and I am so thankful. It was fun hearing them laugh, chat, and just being together. We shared a few breakfasts together and late night chats by the fire. For the time being, I have grand dogs instead of grandkids. I will wait patiently but in the mean time, it seemed like a zoo around here. Austin and Laura have a new Golden Retriever puppy named Finley and Mal and Rob have Jonah.
     Work has kept me quite busy recently as I am preparing my students for the workforce. Some days I feel I make great progress an other days I wonder. It is a very busy job. My 27 students and coworkers make it very interesting. I have had to work a lot of overtime recently. Pioneering something new isn't easy.

     Price is back at college and this is his "last first day of school picture." For years I made the kids pose for the first day of school pictures. This is the end of an era. I am so proud of Price as he will graduate in May. He has worked hard and done well. He is 6'4 and quite big. He hunted a good bit on his Christmas break and my freezer is full of deer.
          God continues to show me how dearly loved I am by Him and his faithfulness.   He is my security, my strength, the one who holds my hand as I step out daily and try to figure out how to live life alone. It has certainly been an adventure lately.
This is a strengthening season in my life and I have felt the Lord say "Dance with me thru the valley." Isaiah 42:1 and 16 have spoken to me lately. "Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight....I will lead the blind by ways they have not known. Along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These things I will do. I will not forsake them." Yea God!
   Thirty one years ago today, I was in labor. Austin Maxwell entered the world on January 25, 1981. What a gift his life has been to me as well as many. Happy Happy Birthday Austin!


     I continue to work with helping Brad McCullough in his race for District 198 District Attorney. He is a great man and will represent our district well. Go Brad Go!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment