Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Seasons and Trust

It is a day of accomplishment for me as I opened the last card from my stack. I am overwhelmed by the love and kindness of people that love our family. Yes, I could have opened all the cards days ago but it would have been a task vs. enjoying them. I chose to take my time and read a few each day. I remember a journal entry from January 1st, 2009....it was what I felt the Lord saying to me..."I am going to overwhelm you with my love for you this year. Look for it." In the middle of such a hard and difficult season, I have been overwhelmed my God's love for me. Isn't that just like God? Yesterday I attended the Kerr County Women's Chamber. There were close to 500 people from our community there and they surprised me with dedicating the luncheon in memory of Joe and two other women that left the earth this year. It was special to receive the plaque in memory of him. He loved Kerrville and the people here.
Life with God is about embracing each season I find myself in. There are seasons of our lives. They come and they go just like seasons in the natural. First and foremost I must remember that in this season of pain, I am a child of God. Children are not designed to figure difficult things out. They are to trust and obey and enjoy life. As I look at all the decisions I have to make on my own, I am trying to remain child like.....living in wonder of a God that dearly loves me, trusting, obeying and living as a much loved child of God. Proverbs 3:5, "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path."

Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing and beautiful and RighT! I Pray one day to be the example of Christ or at least "hafe as" good as leading as you are!! Keep leading the way my friend we are listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly for the encouragement. See you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete