Search This Blog

An Honest Account of Love, Grief and Walking With God
Finding God's Goodness in Life's Disappointments

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good Bye 2009


2009 was an incredible year......the most challanging I have ever experienced and one of many blessings. It was an intense year of contending for life, peace and joy. It was a year of letting go of the dreams I had for my life. It was a year of learning much about cancer and overcoming. It was a year of living in two cities. It was a year of the sun setting on a chapter of my life and a year of loss. It was a year of tears. But today as I woke up in tears thinking of all I had lost, I felt God ask me what I had gained last year? I quickly made a list of 20 things I had gained in 2009. It has been a year of many blessings, quickly realizing the important things in life, living life to the full and fighting with all we had. It has been an exhausting year but now it is 2010. It is a new year for me and although I have every reason to be depressed, I will contend for my inheritance. Joy is my inheritance, comfort, and healing. I will continue to grieve, let go and start a new life in this new year. I don't have a clue how all this will happen but I will just continue to focus and breathe and open my heart to God. The rest is up to Him. II Corinthians 7:6 says in the Amplified version, "BUT GOD, Who comforts, encourages, and refreshes and cheers the depressed and the sinking, comforted and encouraged and refreshed and cheered us." That is my promise and God is good.

Please know you can post comments by clicking the comment button below.

Happy 2010-

Kathleen

1 comment:

  1. In my worst days the Comforter is my light unto path and a lamp unto my feet. As I meditated on this scripture years ago I realized that this is EXACTLY what God wants us to do when wandering through the wilderness .... take one step at a time, just trust Him, and know that He is lighting only the path beneath our feet, not the high beams to where He is leading us. If we knew the whole story, we would lose out on learning Trust, wouldn't we? Yes, it's painful, and yes, it's growth. In the end you will have so many life stories to look back upon and have so much that you can teach others! We're still praying peace into your life and that you are able to "just show up and hang on" Be a human being and know that you don't have to be a human doing, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete